Monday, July 16, 2007

My Vocaton

I just got an annual checkup at the doctor, something I do once every ten years or so, and to my surprise, health care is now like going to a cafeteria where you walk along and look at the various food options, with the prices on them, and pick out what you want and what you can afford. It turns out I can no longer afford the colonoscopy, the complete blood work, or that deal where the doctor hits your knee with a little hammer. I miss that one!

One bit of advice my doctor did give me was to start drinking again. In fact he asked me if I wanted to go out drinking with HIM! No, that's not true. I'm just practicing my lying. I'm not very good. Anyway, he is a she, and she didn't-- IN SO MANY WORDS-- suggest that I start drinking again. But when I reviewed, in my mind, later, everything she said, it was quite obvious to me, when I read between the lines, that she was suggesting that I start drinking again. If there is anything I'm good at, it's reading between the lines.













Okay. So I'm not so good at reading between the lines! But I'm pretty good at writing between the lines. It's what I do.

No comments: